If we would
speak about all the challenges we have, all the problems we had, all the homesickness
we had, than you would ask: WHY, why are you guys leaving your home for a Year
with so much struggling?
The answer:
because all the stuff we will miss while staying home.
“The World is like a Book, who is not
traveling is only seeing one page of it!”
Exchange
Students where ever on this World will maybe agree me, our exchange year is
showing us other sites, sites of the world and of ourselves. We will never be
able to understand the cultural variety this World is offering. But we can
build up our Knowledge about what defines us and the people around us.
I think
that Intercultural skills are like a Superpower, while Superman is just flying
through the city, we can fly through the Cultures of this World. We are leaving ourselves a little bit to learn
about the others. Being able to understand intercultural connections, and fix
new ones makes us Exchange Students and brings us Friends all over the World!
Nearly 5 month in my Exchange Year, I learned so much! I see myself so different. I see
all my old Friends so different! I miss home but I would like to take my new friends/
my new family back home! By the way, that doesn’t mean that I don’t love my
Family and Friends in Germany, but everybody here is such a wonderful addition
to them!
I assume,
that there are a lot of Friends and people back home which can’t believe that I
changed so much in such a short time. But I did, I can’t prove it because I am not
with them but ja I changed myself in only 5 Month.
I enjoyed
every single second of my Exchange Year! Thanks to everybody how was part of
it!
-Jonah
No comments:
Post a Comment